Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Works for me Wednesday--inaugural edition



I lost my digital camera a couple of years ago between Thanksgiving and Christmas...and I now have no memories of the event. I'm lost without pictures to jog my memory!

So when I got my new camera, I stole a "works for me" idea from my mom. I cut down an address label so that it fits on the top of my camera and added my phone number, so that if it's ever found (by a nice person), it has a chance at being returned. I'd take a picture, but well, it's on my camera!

The label has also been helpful at family gatherings--several of us have similar cameras, and it's easy to figure out which one is mine.

For more Works for Me Wednesdays, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer (and read about her trip with Compassion to Africa while you're at it!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome tip, I had the same idea since we are leaving for Disney World in a couple of weeks. I would hate to lose my camera there. Could you imagine? Thanks for the tip.

Liza on Maui said...

Great tip. I myself always forgot to label a lot of things and when they are lost, i would think, I wish I had labeled them. Phone numbers are good so they can call to return when found :) thanks!

Anonymous said...

For extra safety, do what the professionals do, attach your camera to a strap, wear it around your neck and never take it off until you reach the safety of your car or home.

reprehriestless warillever said...

That is a great tip. Easy for me to do, since my camera is held together with a mailing label.

Shalee said...

Extremely useful tip, especially considering that we're in the market for a new camera!

Congrats on becoming a member of the WFMW league. Trust me, you're going to be on the lookout for so many other tips!

Wani said...

I did that with my camera too! Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I'm a Sharpie person myself, so I write our last name on LOTS of stuff.