Sunday, February 3, 2008

How much longer?

...until I can say "congratulations" the first time someone tells me they're pregnant? Yes, my response to someone at church who was wretching because of morning sickness was a sinking sadness....I really am fine with our family size staying at four, but man, another out of left field pregnancy announcement left me with at best shallow response and a hollow feeling.

Enough already! At least I've gotten past having that feeling every day, and being ok with our family being the way it is. But being in the middle of a baby boom is just fodder for not ideal responses from me (at church, there are two people in their third trimester, at least one in the second, and this early one I found out about this morning...). One of these days I'll have a heart-felt, joyful response...but not today :)

5 comments:

The Rock Star said...

Though not exactly the same... The wedding boom makes me feel that way, too.

Unknown said...

My sister goes thru the same thing, and there has been a baby boom around her for the last 18 months. She wants a baby so much....

mexicanmasala said...

It does get easier. Sometimes, I still get a twinge of sadness, but for the most part, it will get easier.

Jen said...

"There is an appointed time for everything. And there us a time for every event under heaven--" Ecc. 3:1

God appointed this time to be what it is. It is here for now but forever...

Joyful Days said...

Sending a prayer for your heart to be eased.