Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday



Today I've had this song in my head:
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
and He hears me when I call.

This week I'm thankful that:
--God not only knows my name, he knows everything about me. This is especially amazing to me, as it's half way through the semester and I'm still working on learning all of my student's names!
--He kept Harmony safe when she wandered out on Saturday...and me safe while my thoughts went wandering outside of my Father's house.
--the power of prayer. I definitely have seen and experienced it this week, both in preparing a message for chapel today and with the person who had the pants in the dryer vision. Glad to know I'm in the heat right now, and God will make everything fit :)
--Harmony starting every prayer with "thanks", even for things that haven't happened yet. So thanks, God, for finishing the test that has to be done by tomorrow morning and the lecture for tomorrow morning that I haven't started.
--next week is spring break!

For more thankfulness or to share yours, please visit Iris. Thanks for hosting--what a wonderful and uplifting meme!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful post ... I have been teaching my son to be thankful when he says his prayers, too. :)

Carrie said...

Thank you for sharing your gratefulness.

Amy said...

You're right, God is always there for us through thick and thin in good times and bad, what would we do without him?

Mary said...

Praise God that He knows everything about us...and loves us still! I was so blessed when you said that Harmony says thanks for things that haven't even happened yet. That's faith. Wowzers! You are a very blessed mom! Have a great day.

twinklemom said...

God bless you and what a wonderful post for TT!

Kristen said...

That was beautiful. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Oh yes He does! Who is man that You are mindful of him? What a great and awesome God we have!

Great post, Ann!

Cheryl said...

HE does hear us when we call. What a wonderful song. Happy TT! God Bless~

Gina said...

Lovely TT post.

Anonymous said...

God is always amazing me with His faithfulness!!

I am glad to hear that Harmony is ok. My heart was in my throat when I read the post.

eph2810 said...

I am glad that Harmony was safe :) I think it is so sweet that she starts her prayers with "Thanks" - maybe I should start that habit as well.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Denise said...

Such a lovely post, bless you.

Unknown said...

What an affirming post.Thank you.