Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday--God answers



Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:6-7

This week I'm thankful that:
--The Lord is trustworthy! He saves us and provides for us and is stronger than an army...even today's armored tanks and rocket missiles.
--The Lord still speaks today. This weekend our church is having a special "workshop" on learning to listen like Jesus. While I was running, I was confessing that I don't want to go, because life is easier if you don't listen and just carry on your merry way. So of course God revealed an entire Sunday School curriculum I'm supposed to write...luckily we won't get to it for a year, but I better get hopping on it!
--That God uses my exercise time as prayer time.
--How God works everything together for his good purposes. Last fall Patrick sensed he should be doing something different with his job, and God has worked it out...not in the timing *I* thought things should happen, but in His good timing.
--God chooses children to speak to and through--both my own kids, and in the Bible.
--I'm able to work with a great group of people--both coworkers and students.

What are you thankful for this week? Visit Iris to share your list and read other people's!

14 comments:

Susan said...

Oh what a great list! Be blessed my friend, and keep thanking God!

Cheryl said...

Great TT post. Thanks for sharing. God Bless~

eph2810 said...

Wow - an entire Sunday School curriculum - what a task. But then again with God all things are possible.
Yeah - sometimes His timing is not like ours. I just wish I would listen to Him and not run in front of Him...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us again this week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

Anonymous said...

good thing i drop by..I got an idea from you...thanks for sharing

Denise said...

Thanks for having a sweet thankful heart.

Anonymous said...

God does save and provides for us ... I truly believe in that! :)
Blessings ...

thank you for visiting my Thankful Thursday post.

Trina said...

May God bless you in all you do today!

Speaking from the Heart said...

Thank you for sharing your Thankfulness list.

Anonymous said...

A great post - I quite often used to pray whilst I was still able to run, now I just pray whilst doing mundane tasks (like the ironing!!).
God bless and Thanks for sharing.
Chrissy

Gina said...

Lovely TT post!

Misty said...

beautiful post... I am overwhelmed for you at your curriculum task!

Unknown said...

Wonderful psalm, and a wonderful thankful list! God is so good!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea- to use your exercise time as prayer time.

Unknown said...

Hi Ann,

Great list and wow.... lots of writing ahead for you. Thank you for sharing your thankful heart.