Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Top Ten things I love about my kids right now

I think part of my (not as bad as it sounds on my blog) angst is a Peter Pan syndrome...for my kids. This age is just too fun, and I can see the end in sight, and that's sad :( So here's the list of stuff that I love about where they are right now that I don't want to forget:

10. Racing to get dressed in the morning as a motivational technique.
9. Counting before we pray--where did that come from anyway??
8. Playing at the park--underdogs are well loved.
7. Harmony painting and making wonderful creations.
6. Henry building intricate Lego ships.
5. "Mom, play with me!"
4. Enthusiastic greetings when I pick them up from their preschool or meet them at home.
3. Bath time--Harmony likes to make Santa beards with her bubbles.
2. Snuggle time in the morning...usually ended by a round of tickling.
1. Story time. Every night we read too many books, with Harmony on my right side, Henry on my left, the cat on my lap, and the books tettering somewhere. I usually can barely breathe and my feet usually fall asleep, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's a great list! I wonder if we will feel that way about every stage of their lives...like we don't want to move on because of all the great stuff we're doing in the current. It's great that you aren't in any hurry to "grow them up" or push them to mature.
Remember how we wondered if those sleepless newborn nights would EVER end and time marched by ever-so-slowly? Now, it seems like it races by...

jan said...

What a precious list. Life does go by so quickly and before you know it, they're adults!
However, I don't want to leave you on that sad note. Having 2 adult "children" is wonderful in its own way-our sons have become 2 of my best friends! We can talk about thoughts, feelings, theology, politics and even romance. :-) While I did treasure every minute I had with the boys I wouldn't trade any of their ages or stages for what we have now.

Kim said...

Great list Ann. Those are wonderful memories. Something to definitely hold onto as they grow up.