Monday, February 18, 2008

In training--Trust and Obey

Trust and Obey popped into my head as I was running today. I really didn't want to go--it was too cold to run outside, so I was back on the treadmill. I didn't want to, but my training program is ramping up, so I did it anyway. I want to be able to finish the race, so whether I feel like it or not, I do it anyway. I'm trusting that the trainer knows what they're talking about, and if I want to be able to walk the week after the race, I'll follow their directions.

Somedays I wonder if I treat God, the ultimate trainer in my spiritual race, as well as I do someone I've never met. Do I trust Him that He knows what's best for my family? Am I going to obey Him and not covet other people's pregancies? Am I going to turn to God or turn to food when I'm frustrated, angry, or otherwise upset? It's a choice, and it'll determine whether I finish the race well.

Lord, I want to trust and obey You. Show me where I'm not, and help me to do it, even when I don't want to.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Good song. I'll be praying that you can finish the race well (both physically and spiritually)

jan said...

Ann, I'm sorry for poking my nose in where it certainly doesn't belong, but my intentions are good.
We've lost 2 babies ourselves so I can understand some of the pain you're feeling. Have you considered adoption? It seems like lately every time I turn on the radio they're talking about the need for adoptive parents.
Again, please forgive me for intruding......it's just a thought..
Judy

Ann said...

Jan, we have--but we haven't had the burning desire. Our house wouldn't pass inspection by an adoption agency (we're in year 9 of rennovating a huge Victorian), so I don't even think it's possible. But I am keeping it in mind!