Monday, February 4, 2008

Melodic Monday--Give you all I've Got by John Hirt

Patrick bought a bunch of CD's from CD Baby before Christmas--mostly lesser known artists, but some really good stuff! This is one of Henry's favorites--it's strange to hear a five year old singing a song about marriage! You can listen to a clip here...and if you like it, you can buy it at http://cdbaby.com/cd/hirt (and I didn't get anything for that endorsement!)

Give You All I’ve Got By John Hirt

I’ve been around a lot of women, they seemed to come and go
There were some I cared for but there were some just for show
Then you came into my life with your arms open wide
You were everything I needed and I had to make you mine

Chorus:
I’ll give you all I’ve got to give,
I’ll give you my last breath
Take my hand, let’s walk towards heaven
And make our union His.

It seems like only yesterday that you gave us your first son
The angels all came down from heaven and stood around this little one
They started singing Hallelujah, a sound so sweet and clear
Reach out your hands towards heaven, you’ve got nothing to fear

(Chorus)

I though for years I had everything a man could ever want
I had all the money but none of the love
Then you came into my life with your arms open wide
I pray to God that you’ll never leave my side

(Chorus)

No comments: