Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday

My heart is full but my list is short and my arms feel empty--this week I'm thankful for:

--new life all around me. Somehow I expected when I had miscarriages, births on the planet would stop, but I'm glad God keeps blessing people with the miracle of babies--four new pregnancies announced/discovered in the last three weeks.

--Having a washer and dryer at my house. A couple of Sundays ago we stopped by the local gas station/laundromat to get a paper and warm up from a long walk. It brought back memories of having to haul our laundry somewhere, and especially now with kids, it made me sooo glad to have our own!

--That God loved us when we were unlovable--what an amazing thing to celebrate this Valentine's Day.

For more Thankful Thursdays, please visit Iris!

11 comments:

Denise said...

Such a nice thankful list, happy valentines day dear.

Susan said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Blessings to you and your family today.

Loved those precious Valentine's, how cute!

Jen said...

I would say "Amen" to the W/D, too! We've been through 3-4 periods where we didn't have a functional washing machine and lugging the clothes and kids to the launrdromat and returning reeking of smoke and detergent was not pleasant.

Heather@Mommymonk said...

Take those little ones God has given you and let them fill up your empty arms today.

And I'm with you on the washer and dryer. What a blessing that we often overlook. I remember carting a baby around in laundry baskets while transporting loads. Crazy.

Heather said...

Sometimes it's the little things that we can be the most thankful for. In addition to my w/d, I am thankful for a crockpot and a dishwasher.

Praying for you, my friend!

on the Rock said...

A wonderful theme for today!

Shari said...

I'm thankful for my dyer. The washing machine broke when a water pipe froze, but I still have a dryer. I hope the Lord continues to give you many things to be thankful for.

Blessedw4mom said...

I can totally understand your list for TT. My prayers go out to you. Thanks for your comments at my TT post.

Blessings & Love ~ Heather

BP said...

Thanks for stopping by. I know what you mean feeling that way after a miscarriage.

Love Bears All Things said...

Great list!
I have had to go to a laundromat at times too so I agree with you about that one. We have so many things that make life conveinent for us.
Bless you,
Mama Bear

eph2810 said...

I am so glad that you have your own washer/dryer. You know - sometimes we take some things for granted to have - I know I do...
I am still some days unlovable, but I can be sure that our Heavenly Father still loves me.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours.