Monday, June 30, 2008

Keys to the kingdom

I'm glad Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom and not us--we'd probably lose them!

Tonight the boys were playing "pizza delivery" on their scooters, with the back shed as the store. One of them pushed the button and locked the door behind them...and we have no idea where the key is for that door. It's probably inside the shed itself, as we've never had a reason to lock it. The irony is Patrick spent the day arranging and organizing the shed, and now we can't get in!

It makes me wonder, what else do I have keys for that I've locked myself out of, just by losing the keys? Jesus has promised us lots of great stuff, and sometimes, I think the biggest obstacle is myself.

Help us find the keys, Lord--both to the shed and to your Kingdom and its power here on earth.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'll be praying for both. :-)