Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Walgreens

I've been playing the Walgreens game a little longer than the CVS one, and I used two techniques today that really worked:
1) When something that's on sale for a good price is out, ask for a raincheck.
2) Watch the expiration date on Register Rewards--the ones I used today would have expired tonight!

So here's what I got:
2 bottles of Dawn dish detergent, 0.99 eachh (raincheck from last week)
1 jar of Jif peanut butter, 1.66 (Patrick's favorite)
2 boxes of Lucky Charms, 1.99 each (kid's favorite)
1 bottle of Pert shampoo + conditioner, 3.79

Subtotal: 11.41 plus tax
Minus:
$1 off of 2 GM cereal
2x0.50 off of Dawn
0.55 off of Jiff
2.00 off Pert

Total: 7.26
Minus: $5 register rewards from the Kellogg's deal
out of pocket: 2.26
Minus: 3.79 rebate on Pert

So I "made" $1.53! Of course I spent it when I earned the $5 register rewards, but it still feels good to fork over very little money for a bunch of stuff we use and like. If you want to see other people's deals (somehow I didn't get the Skippy coupons in this weeks paper--I'll be going back for the Bertolli deal!), please visit Moneysavingmom.com

No comments: