Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday--Hope

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

This week, like Iris, I am thankful for HOPE.

I'm thankful that we don't have to see the solution to know that God has one. He knows this child, he knows my need for a sub at work, he knows my need for good childcare for the baby. He knows how everything will play out at church, work, and home.

I'm thankful that I can be CERTAIN of that, despite my circumstances.

I'm thankful that as much tumult there is around here, I can still have hope, because "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness." It's not me or my doing, but God working in, around, and through me.

I'm thankful that Henry is learning to swim--both he and Harmony have made great strides this week in swimming lessons.

I'm thankful to have great, supportive, praying friends.

I'm thankful that faith gives us this certainty.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Amen to that SISTER! Great post! Happy TT!

Denise said...

Precious sweetie, bless you.

Anonymous said...

great list of thankfuls. blessings to you dear one.

Addicted to Beadz said...

What more to add, but AMEN!

Have a great Thursday!
Cheryl

Nancie said...

Very encouraging thankful list! Thank God for giving you hope and faith. Thank God that we can hope in Him through all the changing scenes in life. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and God bless!

Kristi said...

Beautiful TT post. Blessings to you!

GranthamLynn said...

What a beautiful Thankful list.
And thank you for reminding me of that old hymn.
Yes our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus.
Your post made me smile.
Thank you.
I hope your Friday is blessed.
Come and visit me for show and tell.
Smiles,
Sherry

eph2810 said...

Amen to that, Ann. Yes - we can be certain that He already has a solutions for everything -- sometimes (for me) it is just hard to wait to see the solution.

Cool that your children are doing well with their swimming lessons :)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

Unknown said...

I've been reflecting on this verse from Hebrews this week too. What a blessing to have confident assurance!

Have a blessed weekend, Ann!