Monday, August 4, 2008

100 days

There are 100 days until my due date! Scary. I think we're still in denial about the realities of having a newborn.

Option #5 for maternity leave said no today....after this the list is pretty thin. Please pray that the one remaining possibility will say yes, even if it's just to covering my labs in November and December. As it is, it looks like I'll be teaching a heavier than average load, both fall and spring semester, and we'll be scrambling to fill in while I'm gone. I feel guilty for putting this burden on my colleagues--with both of my other children I started either phasing back in (Henry) or being completely back in (Harmony) two weeks after childbirth. I'm older now, and I really don't think I could physically handle that again.

And while you're praying, pray for a good childcare option for this baby...we're not making any progress in that area either.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sorry about the candidate not working out...but, I know God has something in the works already. Never early, never late...right on time to strengthen your faith and meet your needs!
I will pray about childcare issues, too. Actually, I'll e-mail you about that one...