Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I love Thursdays--it means two of my favorite things are happening--Thankful Thursdays and Life Group!

--I'm thankful God gives us communities, both virtual, in our churches, and in our neighborhoods, to be expressions of his grace and love to us.
--I'm thankful that I have lots of friends with tiny babies--it helps me adjust to the idea of #3!
--I'm thankful that the kids are excited about having a new sibling.
--Henry is doing so well at school--his reading just amazes me. So I'm thankful for his teacher (who is a Christian--double blessing!), his school, his classmates, and the obvious ways God has gifted him.
--I'm thankful that Harmony fits her name so well :)
--I'm thankful that God gives manna when we need it...I'm trusting him for a girl name (any suggestions?)

If you'd like to share your thankfulness, visit Iris at Grace Alone...

P.S. A prayer request: a student at my school died this weekend, and the on campus memorial service is today. Please pray for his family and friends, and that his death might lead to spiritual awakening and changed lives.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Be sweetly blessed dear.

Unknown said...

You could stay with the initial H for your kids and name this one "Heather." That's a nice name! hee hee

Loved your belly pic too! Can't believe it's almost time for this little one to arrive.

Have a blessed day, Ann!

Unknown said...

Praying with you as you prepare for # 3.

Praying with you for your students family and all affected by the loss.

In His amazing grace,
Jill

Jen said...

Okay, here's my suggestions...
YOu can have our girl name--Sarah Joy or
Hannah
Haven
Heaven
Melody (to match Harmony)
Grace (for obvious reasons!)
Belle
Jasmine
Cinderella

Can you tell I had help with the list?!?