Monday, October 27, 2008

Surprise!

Last week I was doubly surprised and doubly blessed with not one, but TWO parties celebrating our new addition. The first was our small group Bible study--I had no idea AT ALL. I was scrambling to find snack and get childcare ready, since we lost the sign up sheets. We were running late, and that makes me crabby... But when Philip was stalling us at the door, I began to wonder! They did a great job including the kids, who each got their very own cake and a special present. But what hit me the most was when they prayed for me--it brought back so many memories of them praying for me throughout the miscarriage experience. When I had given up, they (especially Amanda) kept praying for a baby for us...and now we're on the verge of meeting this new little person. God definitely hears and answers prayers.

Then on Saturday, we were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch with some friends. My parents came over, but that's not unusual since my Dad was in town. What was suspicious was my father in law at the door, without my mother in law :) It was a diverse group of friends, ranging from people at work to neighbors to church friends. I'm glad they got to meet each other, and now I definitely feel like yes, we really *are* going to have a baby.

Yes, it has taken me nine months to wrap my head around that concept. I don't think I had a *fear* of miscarriage/stillbirth, I more felt like I KNEW I was going to miscarry or have a stillborn.

So THANK YOU for all the prayers. I have a feeling that some of you have been praying like Paul prayed for the Phillipians, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

And thanks for the gifts and well wishes. This is definitely a blessed child!

No comments: