Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Passports

Our new passports arrived today! We were worried about getting them before Patrick and I go to Mexico in the middle of June, but they got there in plenty of time.

I'm glad they returned my old one--it has my visa from my month long trip to Korea, as well as stamps from the seven countries I visited on my math May Seminar (definitely not the year I went!).

It made me think of Hebrews 11:13-16, especially verse 16: "Instead, they [the champions of the faith] were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."

What spiritual country is your passport from? Is your home here, or are you longing for heaven?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I like the idea that when I accept Christ, I get a brand new passport to remind me that I'm just visiting. While I'm not visiting exotic locales, maybe I'll get a stamp for "marriage", "motherhod", "homeschool"...things like that. I'll happily turn in my passport, though:) in exchange for permanent residency in heaven!