Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone! I'm not big into resolutions, but I do have goals for the next year.

1. Corny, but the first one is the old Nike slogan--Just Do It. Instead of letting the mail pile up, deal with it when it comes in. Put away the laundry when its done, not when I need the baskets to do laundry again. Grade stuff as soon as it comes in, not later. Pray for or with someone at the moment when I first sense that I should, not later. In other words, just do it.

2. Take better care of me. Go to bed at a reasonable time (I'm pushing it tonight!), eat as healthy as my kids do, get exercise on a regular basis.

Nothing earth shattering, but hopefully doable!

3 comments:

Kim said...

My friend Melissa told me about "OHIO"- Only Handle It Once...I have been trying to do that with incoming mail and it is kind of a nice principle. Good luck on your goals!

Unknown said...

Me too! I hate putting laundry away for some reason, but I hate seeing it lay there too.

Great goals for the new year!

Jen said...

I love the simplicity...enough to make a list, fewer to be easily accomplished!

And, Amen! to the laundry (as I sit amidst several pile "in progress!")