Saturday, September 29, 2007

ISO: Quiet time help

Mine has been pretty, uh, dry lately. If I try to have a "real" just sitting quietly quiet time, I fall asleep. So what I've been doing is a little fragmented; I practice my weekly (well, last week it was a biweekly) memory verse and read my bible in a year passage when I first get on line. I also read a couple of devotions (that also show up in my in-box), and I often spend some time either studying the verses I'm teaching in Sunday School or that are coming up next in our sermon series. I either have praise music or nothing on for the six or so hours I'm at work (not a lot of contact with others) and have prayer time for the 30-45 min I'm running. Some of my routes have definite rhythyms of dialing down, praise and adoration, thanksgiving and supplication...and other days, I never get past dialing down. Like today. But even when I do get past that, it still seems like a totally one way thing--I'm listening but not hearing anything...and I need more than that! I'm open to suggestions...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm feeling the same thing right now, not really hearing anything from God. I wish I had a suggestion for you, but I don't. I have realized that God speaks to me a lot in the beauty of nature and the sky, but I don't ever "hear" anything. It gets frustrating. I'll be praying for you!