Monday, September 24, 2007

Arg! My memory isn't what it used to be...

I've been using the Bible Memory program at http://www.biblememory.us and really like it--I've learned 10 verses so far. One of the features that I like is that you have to get it right before you can move to the next "day", so a week could take you a month.

That seems to be my pace for the current verse--I think I'm on day 10 of this week (and there are only six "days" in each week!). I was SURE I had it today, but this is what the screen said...

You entered:
For where two or three come together in my name there I am with them

The correct verse is:
For where two or three come together in my name there am I with them

Matthew 18:20

Argh! First I was hung up on "gather together" instead of "come together. Then it was the "For". Don't I have the right "gist"? Isn't that good enough?

I guess the answer is NO. God's word is what it is, and it's not my job to change it. I'm also trying to sort out why I need to keep hearing this verse--how is "coming together" different from "gathering together"? He's got a lesson in there for me somewhere...

2 comments:

Kim said...

They look the same to me...

Ann said...

The difference is "I am" versus "am I"...that's why it's driving me crazy!!!