Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day gifts

This was a rare year--graduation is NOT on Mother's Day, so I actually got to spend the day with my family. That was a gift!

Henry brought a bunch of stuff home on Friday, and yelled "NO PEEKING!" as he got off the school bus. He had a petunia, a card, and a worksheet that said:
My mom's name is...Ann
She is special because...she helps me do my homework.
I like it when my Mom...lets me by bokugans at the store.
My Mom can do many things! I think she's best at...grading homework.
My Mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by...cutting out a heart and giving it to her
My Mom is pretty as a...rainbow
My Mom is smart! She even knows...30642+ 300! (He regularly asks me long math questions)
I'd like to tell my Mom...I love you.

Harmony made a flower that said "World's Greatest Mom" in the middle, with these things written on the petals:
She helps the baby.
I like it when she helps me make my bed.
She washed my sheets cause Hope pooped on them. (Love the stream of consciousness here!)
She always helps us.
When I get hurt, she helps me get up.
She's like in charge of the fruits and vegetables.

Hope made a card with her handprints as tulips :)

All three of them took "old fashioned" pictures at The Little Greenhouse. I'll see if I can get them scanned and uploaded sometime.

My uncle also sent me a great haiku! It definitely reminds me of my mom and grandma.
Like bread, a mom’s love
Through kneadings, warmth—seasons, grows
Fills bodies, lifts souls

No comments: