Sunday, May 3, 2009

Foster parenting

There are a couple of families at the kids' school that are foster parenting. My heart breaks for some of the kids--they deserve to be adopted and have good parents, but the law requires that they give the birth parents a chance (and another and another).

It made me think of my own children--really, we're the foster parents. They truely belong to God. But rather than dreading giving them back, I know that He loves them more than I ever could.

Romans 8:15-16 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Lord, I thank you for people who are willing to be foster parents, and I pray for wisdom, love and endurance for them. I pray for the two children I know, that baby G will be placed permanently with the foster parents that have had her since day 1 and for complete healing of her hearing, and that Destiny will truly know her destiny in You. You know her needs; reveal Yourself to her; draw her close and be the father she doesn't have.

No comments: