Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday--Jesus's "I tell you the truth"s

Iris's theme this week is Truth. One of my favorite parts of the book of Mark is all the times Jesus says, "I tell you the truth,..." So I'm thankful these are true!

Mark 3:28
I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. I'm thankful for forgiveness--that it covers ALL my sins.
Mark 9:1
And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power." I'm thankful that we get to participate in the kingdom of God on earth, and in power.

Mark 9:41
I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward. I'm thankful that servanthood will be rewarded.

Mark 10:15
I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." I'm thankful for childlike faith, especially from my kids, and the opportunities to grow it through Kid's Church.

Mark 10:29-30
"I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. I'm thankful for missionaries and their sacrifices, both here and abroad.

Mark 11:23
"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. I'm thankful that faith will be rewarded (though this is still a hard verse for me).

Mark 12:43
Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. I'm thankful that God measures wealth and generosity on a very different scale than the world does.

Mark 14:9
I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she [the woman who poured out perfume on Jesus's feet] has done will also be told, in memory of her." I'm thankful that Jesus hears (and smells) our worship, and enjoys it.

Mark 14:18
While they were reclining at the table eating, he said, "I tell you the truth, one of you will betray me—one who is eating with me." I'm thankful that Jesus not only died on the cross for me and you, but that he did it willingly, with full knowledge of what was coming.

Mark 14:25
"I tell you the truth, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it anew in the kingdom of God." I'm thankful that Jesus has gone ahead of us to prepare a place in heaven, and someday soon we'll get to meet him face to face there!

So what are you thankful for this week?

10 comments:

God Chaser said...

what a wonderful list-my favorite
I'm thankful that Jesus hears (and smells) our worship, and enjoys it. I love these women who Anointed Jesus with oil and taught us TRUE. thanks for all the scriptures. Have a blessed thankful thursday.

LAURIE said...

Thank you for sharing the scriptures about Truth with us. His truth will set us free!! -Blessings, Laurie

i said...

What a lovely and comforting post! Thank you for sharing them!

Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

beautiful verses, ann. God bless! ♥

Unknown said...

Thank you, Ann, for sharing these wonderful verses of Truth!

BTW, how was your chapel sermon?

Debra Kaye said...

What a beautiful TT post! This we can be sure of!!

Blessings to you today!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

This is an awesome post. God's Word is TRUTH. All of IT! I am thankful for It! And thankful too that we can trust it and use it and apply it everyday in every circumstance. Thanks for this remider.

Laurie Ann said...

Great list! I love it. Happy Thankful Thursday.

Jen said...

That Samuel is coming home tomorrow, and like his homecoming, we will get to go home, too, one day!

Marsha said...

I'm so thankful He is THE TRUTH! Amen to all you shared.

Have a blessed weekend.