Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sounds of silence

(Insert sound of crickets chirping (if I knew how, or had the time to find it))

It's been pretty quiet in my little corner of the blogosphere--many of the blogs of real life friends haven't been updated in weeks. There are good reasons--new babies, one in the NICU; back to school busy-ness; people connecting more by Facebook. But I have a feeling some of the silence is due to people being too hurt to want to talk about what's going on publicly.

On the one hand, I'm glad people are staying away from what could be construed as gossiping. On the other hand, I'm very sad that we've lost our "real-ness" in the bloggy community--people are hunkered down in their bomb shelters (a good God place to be) and not "talking" (not the healthiest place to be). I think Amy was right when she described blogging as the "canary in the mine" It feels like lots of things have gotten shoved underground...I know that's true for me.

So here's a promise that this blog will get more real...but not today. I need to try to go back to sleep for a little while--the days are definitely long right now.

Jesus, there seems to be too much going on right now. Quiet my heart, give me peace, and restore the "authentic relationships" part of our church's mission statement.

1 comment:

The Rock Star said...

I am actually going to blog a little bit about the church stuff, but I want to make sure I do it right. Until then...