Monday, December 3, 2007

Top Ten Tuesdays--Reasons to read your Bible

10. To know your King and Savior
9. To grow (1 Peter 2:2)
8. So you can claim the promises that are yours in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 1:20)
7. To see some awesome examples of faith (see Hebrews 11 for a start)
6. To be rooted and grounded in Him (Colossians 2:6-7)
5. So you can stand firm in the trials of life (lots of references!)
4. To know your marching orders
3. To avoid pitfalls
2. For more powerful prayer--what better thing is there to pray than God's own word?
1. Who doesn't love a good, well awesome, love letter?

What's on your top 10 this week?

2 comments:

Misty said...

I loved your number one reason!

jan said...

Hey Ann-
I love your list. It's wonderful and true!
I also wanted to thank you for the comment you left the other day at my blog. You sounded just like my mom. :-) She always said, "This too shall pass."
Thanks for the comforting words.:-)
Judy