Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thankful Thursday--All Saints Day edition

These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect. Hebrews 11:39-40

Today I'd like to give thanks for all those saints, some living, some with Jesus, who may not have seen the fruits of their labor.

--Cathy, my babysitter and preschool Sunday School teacher. She always had an enthusiastic greeting for everyone, and she made Sunday School a place you wanted to go.

--Shannon, who helped me heal from much of my garbage, and showed me what sacrifice looks like.

--My Principia teacher in college, who always had two listening ears and a few wise words...in the right proportion.

--My religion 101 teachers--one of htem taught me to look for the big themes in the Bible, and the other taught me that worship is what happens in the pews, not up front...even though that wasn't the way the class was taught.

--My grandparents. What amazing champions of the faith. They ran the race well.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Made me think about who would be on my list. It would be a long list to be sure! Included would be: Doug-who led me to Christ. Laura-who showed me what it meant to LIVE for Christ. Charlie-for teaching me the Word. My kids-for teaching me how to LIVE the Word.

Kim said...

Great list. THanks for sharing. It's a nice topic to reflect on.

Denise said...

Awesome list, bless you.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to honor those God has put in your life. May God continue to bless you with eyes that see His loving provision...

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing that! It reminds me to be thankful of those kinds of people in my life too!!!

Mary said...

This is a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. Thanks so much for sharing. Blessings to you and yours.

Mary said...

What a great way to honor those who have touched your life. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your weekend.

Beth K. Vogt said...

I just may follow your lead and echo your blog in a future Thankful Thursday post.
Thank you for sharing.

Crystal said...

Great list! Thanks for joining in with this week's Thankful Thursday!
Blessings