Sunday, July 22, 2007

One if by train...

Yesterday was train day of our adventure! It was a 12 hr ride with a one hour layover in Chicago--if we had driven, it would have been about 10 hours of driving, with who knows how many hours of layovers, potty breaks, and run around time. There was an amazing amount of room in the seats on the Superliner--it was better than first class on an airplane, so the kids had lots of room to play. The kids had a good time giggling, looking out the windows, coloring, exploring the train, playing computer games and generally hanging out. We put them in their jammies when the sun went down, and they both fell asleep--Harmony spread out across the seats, and Henry on the floor. I hope all went well when they got to Fargo. There was a church group traveling in the same car as us, and I found a student who was willing to help my mom get the kids and all the stuff (three backpacks, two carsesats, a bag, and my mom's suitcase) off the train.

I actually really enjoyed the train--I had a much better time with the kids than if we had been driving. Patrick described it as "mind numbing", but I thought it was relaxing. And $600 for 4 people sounds a lot better than the $1600 it would have been to fly!

One thing I'm struggling with...argh! I don't think I can write about it without some of you knowing what it is! All right, pray for my attitude when I'm not included. I couldn't have gone anyway, and I know how hard it is to include everyone in everything, so I don't know why it nags at me!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Sounds like you had a great time on the train! I bet the kids enjoyed it, something different and fun. I'll be praying for the rest of the trip to be safe and fun, and for your mysterious struggle.

Jen said...

That's funny....I have been praying for the same thing! I sometimes feel like I'm the "bad" guy and everyone else gets to be good guys because they know that I will take care of all the yucky "adult" stuff. That leaves me feeling left out of the fun activities etc. I will be praying for your situation, too. Someday, we will be with the Ultimate Good Guy...I'm so thankful for that!
Miss you guys! Let's celebrate when you return...I've got some ideas!

The Rock Star said...

So, I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about here. There have been some parties and things I have been left out of over the years, and it is always hard to understand that not everyone can always be included (even if people would like to include them). In other cases, I just was not "close" enough to the people to be invited given the limited amount of invites. Yeah... It makes me think though. I bet being on the other side of the situation (the inviter with limited invites) is not fun either. Anyway, I will keep you in my thoughts/prayers.