Monday, July 2, 2007

The Good Samaritan?

I'm still haunted. I feel better than I did this weekend, but prayer probably did that.

Tonight I was mad about the photographer not helping the child--how could he spend 20 minutes getting a good shot, and then just walk away? I was reminded of the parable of the Good Samaritan, how the priest and the Levite just walked on by.

Then I was convicted...how many times have I just walked on by? I'm too busy, I'm on my way somewhere, I've got something else to do, I've got tunnel vision and don't even see my neighbor...guilty as charged. I don't have to go to Africa to find hungry people--I can look across my street.

Lord, I confess that I've walked on by. Give me eyes to see the hurting in my community and the willingness to help them.

No comments: