Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Invitation

Today we went to Mercy Vineyard Church in Minneapolis. It was planted by the same church as ours, about two years earlier. It was great to worship with them. The message was about Isaiah 58, which highlights why you have to be serving the poor to fully experience God. It was a powerful and motivating message. Then we had an awesome brunch with my brother, Mark, and saw Harry Potter in 3D :)

In my last pout I mentioned dealing with not being included...man, I am self centered. Both Matthew and Luke describe a more important feast, where people will come from the east and the west and feast with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, but those on the outside will weep and gnash their teeth.

Wow. It's my (and your) job to invite people to the party. I don't think I've been doing a very good job, so I'm excited about this Alpha training.

Lord, help me to be a good inviter to your great feast. Use this training to equip us to do a better job of talking to our neighbors about You.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I was thinking about inclusion, too...I was thinking that maybe God doesn't allow us to be included in certain circles or groups or events because He is being our Great Protector. Maybe those people or situations don't bring us (or them!) closer to God. Maybe it gives us a greater feeling of self-reliance or self-importance (both sins). I don't know the answers but I know Him that does and so do you. Thanks for always making me feel included! Hope I can always do the same for you!