Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I need to do Thankful Thursdays because I know I have lots to be thankful for...but often can't remember what it is! And sometimes my memory needs a jog, so today I'm "jogging" it with the alphabet (with some assistance from Henry and Harmony :))

A--Apples; they're one of Henry's favorite foods
B--Babies, especially Baby Helena, born to our Ithaca friends this week
C--Chocolate, need I say more?
D--Dear friends who know me, pray for me, and put up with me
E--Easter (Harmony's idea)
F--Flower, Henry's first word
G--God and his many names; thanks for the study we did on that in Ithaca
H--Hope
I--Isabels--both of them from church--read the story of one Izzy's adventures
J--Jesus and his amazing sacrifice
K--Kitty snugglign with Harmony at night
L--Love that is patient, kind, not self seeking, and enduring
M--Miss Diane and Miss Colleen, the kids' preschool teachers
N--New clothes--thanks for helping me shop, Patrick!
O--On line deals, like my $15 MP3 player
P--Peekaboo--one of Harmony's first words and favorite games
Q--Quilt--the one I made when I was pregnant with both kids that is finally done--thanks Mom!
R--Raking leaves into big piles--coming soon!
S--Samantha and Marisa, H&H's cousins
T--Thankful Thursdays. Thanks, Iris!
U--Uniqueness. Isn't it cool that no two of us, or even snowflakes, are alike?
V--Voting--the opportunity to pick our leaders. Exercise your right!
W--Where I work
Y--Yoda and You Tube, both on Henry's favorites right now
Z--Zoo--we had a great time a couple weeks ago!

19 comments:

lori said...

THAT was wonderful....what a great way to do it...I may have to 'borrow' that one of these weeks..I LOVED it!

don't you just love writing it down...seeing all that there is to be thankful for? I just love that!!
Happy Thursday!
lori

eph2810 said...

Oh, what a wonderful idea for Thankful Thursday...J - for Jesus is my favorite :)
Wow, you got an MP3 player for $15 - that is just awesome.
I have not been at the Zoo for almost 12 years - I think it is time :)

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Aunt Angie said...

That is so "cool" if I can be so brave as to use that term!!! (I may be "old" but still use "cool" a lot!)
This was the neatest was to express thankfulness!!! And I bet you really had to dig---to get them all!

Denise said...

This was really awesome.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea for a Thankful Thursday post!
thank you for sharing. :)
Blessings always ...

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings! I'll have to try the ABC method sometime. Have a blessed day!

Aisling said...

Love it, I might try that one week myself.

Lori said...

Love it and exactly where did you get that MP3 player =)))

Melissa Sheldon said...

Love your list. I really like the alphabet idea. That was great.

I enjoyed your list and it is wonderful that you found such a deal on the MP3 player, although I do have to admit, J for Jesus was my favorite.

Thank you for sharing.

Ms. Kathleen said...

That was the cutest thanks! Love it!

Mary said...

Great idea. Now you know that everyone is going to copy that in the next few weeks. HA! I'm sure if the alphabet were longer, you could continue with more thankfulness, right? Thanks for sharing. Blessings

Lisa said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

TexasTanya said...

This was so sweet! Thank you for sharing! What a neat idea. :)

Jane Anne said...

I love your list! This is a wonderful way to get going on those days when it is hard to FEEL thankful. Thanks for the creative idea.

Ella said...

This is a great list and such a nice way you did it.

God Bless

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I stopped in here. This list is precious and I may need to copy you as well.... J.K. & L. Neat. Happy TT.

Love Bears All Things said...

I loved your list. A neat way to express thankfulness. Thanks for visiting my place.
Mama Bear

Unknown said...

What a neat way to do the Thankful Thursday! I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a cute way to list your blessings! You must have preschoolers like I do. I find myself singing the ABC song in my sleep sometimes!! Thanks for sharing!!