Sunday, April 15, 2007

Taking the plunge



I was baptised today! I've been a Christian for, oh, 12 years, and decided it was time. I was bapized as an infant, by my grandfather at home--I still have the cut glass bowl that was used. You might think it's strange that I've been baptized twice, but after much study, I've decided they were two different baptisms. The first one was my parents and family testifying that they had faith that someday I would receive grace and choose to follow Christ; the second is the testimone of that I have.

It was an appropriate time for that--I've felt very unified with Christ in his death, and it's time that I be united in his ressurection. I know he can take these shambles of my heart and create something new out of them, and this was a physical way to represent the work he's doing in me.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

No comments: