Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thankful Thursday

This week's lesson for Sunday School is the healing of the ten lepers--only one came back to say "Thank you!" I want to be the one that says "thank you," not the nine that don't!
--Thank you, Lord, that you heal us even when we don't return and say thanks.
--Thanks for healing my ulcerative colitis last fall. That was such a blessing in so many ways.
--Thanks for the incredible windfall of being able to pay myself summer salary from a grant. Help us spend/invest it wisely. It's such a privelege and a challenge to use our resources in a way that honors you.
--Thanks for the opportunity to teach our children about you, and many, many thanks to Danielle's Place for the creative ideas that work so well in teaching our preschoolers.
--Thanks for giving us friends to be our Paul, our Timothy and our Barnabas.
--Thanks for guiding us and leading us, even when we don't know exactly where we're going. Help us to trust and rely upon you for manna today, not worrying about tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me about the ten lepers. I want to be the one that comes back, too. Blessings on you and your family...

Aunt Angie said...

I loved the reminder too!
You have a wonderful thankful heart! GREAT post!!!

eph2810 said...

I am right there with you saying thanks to Lord - without Him I don't think I would be where I am at today.
It is so awesome that I have learned how you ladies teach your children at home in order to be able to share Him with them.
What would we be without others walking the journey with us, to encourage us and lift us up in prayers...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always...