Friday, January 16, 2009

Annual review

Today I had to turn in a one page summary of what I've done in teaching, research/scholarship, and service for salry review (not that there will be any raises--we're in a mojor budget crunch).

It made me hink, what if I had to do an annual report for God? What progress have I made in my personal relationship with Him? In being the Jesus peole can see? In following His commands?

Just like the work review, there are things this year I've done well, and areas that need improvement. Luckily for me, my salvation doesn't depend on my performance...though when He comes back, Jesus will ask what I've been doing.

Lord, thanks for what you've done in and through us this year. Help me to follow you more closely and join you in what you're doing.

No comments: